Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quesadillas!


Since going gluten-free, I have made a lot of mexican food. I've had more meals involving black beans, corn, rice, and cheese in the past three weeks than I have in the past year. No regrets. Today, lunch was all about the leftovers. First, I grabbed 2 corn tortillas and toasted them up in vegetable oil in the pan. All of the sizzling from the vegetable oil was a little bit scary, but it was all in the name of deliciousness. After the tortillas were nice and crispy, I put one back into the pan and put down a fairly heavy layer of  Monterey Jack Cheese, followed by some shredded Virginia Ham, black beans, and corn. I covered this with a second tortilla and let it cook for a few minutes. A few tricky attempts later, I had successfully flipped my quesadilla and was toasting up the other side of it. Soon, the cheese was melting out the sides, and I was practically drooling. After I took it out of the pan, I covered it with just a sprinkling more of the Monterey Jack Cheese and sliced it. It was absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment