Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Swirly Crunch...Things

I used the bialy dough recipe from Cooking for Isaiah with a few changes of my own. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the dough, and made sure to handle the dough a little longer before setting it to rise. This helped with the texture, otherwise it's a little too sticky. After the dough rose for 30 minutes, I spread a fairly thick layer of cinnamon sugar over the entire rectangle of dough. I then rolled it up on itself tightly, cut it into slices, and put them on the pizza stone( If you don't have one of these and are planning on doing a lot of baking, GET ONE. It will be your best friend, and really  isn't that expensive). I baked these in a 450 degree oven for about 17 minutes, the time will probably be a little different depending on the setting of your oven. They were absolutely delicious hot out of the oven with tea!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment